1. Moon's Ramadan by Natasha Khan Kaz
Purchase this book: Moon's Ramadan
2. R is for Ramadan by Greg Paprocki
A fun alphabet primer celebrating the month-long Muslim observance of fasting and spiritual awareness.
Purchase this book: R is for Ramadan
3. Ramadan by Hannah Eliot and Rashin Kheiriyeh
Learn all about the traditions of Ramadan with this first book in the board book series Celebrate the World, which highlights celebrations across the globe.
Purchase this book: Ramadan
4. Baby's First Ramadan by DK
Perfect for story time with little ones, this first board book introduces babies and toddlers to the holy month of Ramadan.
Purchase this book: Baby's First Ramadan
5. My First Ramadan by Karen Katz
Follow along with one young boy as he observes the Muslim holy month with his family.
Purchase this book: My First Ramadan
6. Aliya's Secret: A Story of Ramadan by Farida Zaman
This joyful look at Ramadan is based on the author’s own childhood experiences and is rich with facts and details about the holiday. Readers familiar and unfamiliar with the holiest month in the Islamic calendar will get swept up in the festivities, and perhaps be inspired to share a meal with their community.
Purchase this book: Aliya's Secret: A Story of Ramadan
7. Crescent Moons and Pointed Minarets: A Muslim Book of Shapes by Hena Khan and Mehrdokht Amini
"A beautiful picture book that simultaneously explores shapes, Islam, and the cultures of the Muslim people." - Kirkus Reviews
Purchase this book: Crescent Moons and Pointed Minarets: A Muslim Book of Shapes
8. The Gift of Ramadan by Rabiah York Lumbard and Laura K. Horton
This lovely multigenerational family story explores the many ways to take part in the Ramadan holiday.
Purchase this book: The Gift of Ramadan
9. Drummer Girl by Hiba Masood and Hoda Hadadj
An inspirational story of sincerity, determination, and believing in yourself.
Purchase this book: Drummer Girl
10. Lailah's Lunchbox: A Ramadan Story by Reem Faruqi and Lea Lyon
Purchase this book: Lailah's Lunchbox: A Ramadan Story
Let us know what you and your little ones think of these books!
For more Ramadan content, check out our other blog posts 30 day Ramadan activity list for kids and Best of Ramadan Recipes.
Wishing you and your loved ones Ramadan Mubarak!
The Rumaneh Team